So the sun have been out a little today – but its still SO cold! C’mon spring…where are you hiding??
A few weeks ago I bought an iddy, diddy little purple pot for 99p, which I just couldn’t resist. I’ve been trying to find a reason to use it ever since, and today, ladies and gentlemen, was the day!!
Here is my recipe for a very quick and easy Blueberry Crumble (for those days where you need to rustle up a fast pud):
(Dairy Free) Blueberry crumble
Frozen blueberries (as many as you want to cram into your own dish)
1/2 lemon (juice)
Sprinkle of sugar
100g plain flour
50g Vitalite (or other dairy-free margarine)
50g light brown or caster sugar
1) Preheat oven to 190 degrees
2) Put blueberries into a bowl, and mix with the lemon juice. Tip into your baking dish.
3) Sprinkle the sugar onto the fruit evenly – I leave the amount up to you as to how sharp the berries are and how much sugar you feel is right for you (I didn’t add much – keep my weight down haha)
4) In another bowl, add the flour and margarine together and combine with your fingers until resembling bread crumbs. Add sugar and keep combining. Topping done!
5) Sprinkle the topping over the fruit, covering it up.
6) Bake for around 15 minutes, until the topping is golden and you can see the fruit underneath bubbling. Om nom nom.
Nice warming treat 🙂