So after putting a vote on Facebook yesterday about what cookies to make this weekend…
the winner was…
White chocolate and blueberry cookies, with lavender sugar.
- 8 oz unsalted butter, softened
- 8 oz golden caster sugar
- 6oz condensed Milk
- 12 oz self-raising flour
- 5½ oz white chocolate, chopped
- Tub of blueberries
- Lavender sugar
– Put oven on at 170degrees (fan assisted) and line a few baking trays with baking paper.
– Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
– Mix in the condensed milk.
– Sift the flour in bit by bit and fully combined.
– Tip in the chopped chocolate.
– Place small balls of the dough onto the pre-prepared trays and flatten slightly.
– Pop one or two blueberries on top of each cookie, and then pull some of the dough around the blueberries over them to secure them under.
– Pop the trays of dough in the fridge (if you have space) for a 5-8 minutes before baking. I find this stops them spreading as much.
– Bake for just over 15 minutes or until golden. Then won’t look fully set – but you need it like that!! Gooey!
– Leave to cool on a rack until set. Then EAT THEM 🙂
I also had a brainwave half way through portioning the dough onto trays. For a few of the cookies, I sprinkled just a little lavender sugar on top before baking. They were lovely – so I recommend it!
In other baking news, I’ve just had another cake collected. Here it is:
Right – I’m logging off. Have a good weekend everyone 🙂 x